WIN! 2 Tickets to Zero Waste Lifestyle talk
What we throw away doesn’t go away.
In fact, it ends up in our oceans or buried in landfill. Even when we send our used items to a recycling facility, they aren’t always recycled. Even if they are, eventually these items will end up as a product that is no longer recyclable.
Plastic is an especially big problem. Over the last 10 years we have produced more plastic than during the previous 100 years. Most of this is not recycled.
According to coastalcare.org, 9 out of 10 seabirds have some plastic substance in their digestive tracts. But plastic pollution is not only an issue for seabirds…it ends up in our food chain and leaches toxic waste into our water supplies. The UN has described this as a potential “toxic time-bomb.”
But don’t despair just yet; you can make some small changes that will have a positive impact.
We care about the future of the planet
Eqo Living are organising an event on 11th March in Bristol about what we can do as individuals to cut down the waste we produce.
The event is a Zero Waste Lifestyle talk by Bea Johnson, author of the international best-seller Zero Waste Home, along with other guest speakers; Michelle from City to Sea, Lizzie Carr the plastic pollution campaigning paddle boarder and Kate Arnell, TV presenter and eco blogger.
Do you think our planet is #worthsaving? Come along to the event to find out how to make a difference.
This event is sponsored by Bristol Waste whose mission is to help spread the message of waste reduction.
Win an opportunity to hear about how we can all be part of the change
Tickets are available to purchase from Eventbrite but why not enter our competition to see if you can win tickets for you and a friend!
The prize is 2 tickets for the 3.30pm zero waste lifestyle talk on Saturday 11th March hosted by Eqo Living. The event is being held at the Arnolfini, Bristol. This fabulous prize is worth £32.84.
How to enter
If you’d like the chance to win this wonderful prize, entry is simple.
- Just Follow us and Retweet a competition tweet on Twitter (@EqoLiving)
- Like and repost a competition post on Instagram
- Like and Share the competition post on Facebook.
OR, do all 3 and triple your chances of winning! In fact, you can enter up to once per day on each Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, so get sharing daily to really up your chances!
Terms & Conditions
- The competition will run from 10am GMT on Tuesday 21 February 2017 until 10am GMT Sunday 26 February 2017. Any entries made before or after this time will not be counted.
- The winner will be selected at random, and notified within two days of the competition ending.
- If a winner does not respond before Sunday 5 March 2017, the prize will be forfeited, and we will be within our rights to draw a new winner – again, at random.
- The competition is open to UK residents only. We therefore reserve the right to draw a new winner at random if a winner does not live within the United Kingdom.
- Entrants may enter up to once per day on Twitter, once per day on Instagram and once per day on Facebook. If you enter more than once per day, only one entry will be counted.
- If you already Follow us on Twitter or Instagram or Like us on Facebook, simply Retweet or Share a competition message to enter.
- There will be one winner only.
- Eqo Living reserve the right to publish the winner’s name and general location (town / city) on our website, and in media regarding this competition.
- There are no cash alternatives to the prize.
- The event schedule may vary.
To find out more facts on pollution in our oceans, visit http://www.plasticoceans.org/the-facts/